Taking more than one flight to get to your destination? At Air Asia, they make connecting flights much easier with Fly-Thru! Also to my fellow travelers out there, Air Asia has something great to offer to all of their loyal customers.
Maldives has been one of our dream destinations, but it has always been hard to get to the atolls of their country. Unfortunately there are no direct flights from Manila to Male, you have to fly to Kuala Lumpur and from there, take another plane to Male which means most of your time will be spent in immigration clearances and in baggage check-in counters. That’s where Air Asia comes in! As one of our most valued airlines, we trusted what they advised us to do. They recommended their service called Fly-Thru.
Here are some things you have to know about Air Asia’s Fly-Thru Service:
What is Fly-thru?
Connect flights conveniently from one flight to another without the hassle of collecting your bags at transit hub.
Where can I Fly-Thru?
Guests can use our fly thru service via Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (KLIA2) and Bangkok, Don Mueang International Airport
No Transit Visa
No immigration clearance in Malaysia and exemption of airport tax and transit hub.
Note: Applicable only for international transfers with a maximum stop over of 18 hours in Malaysia.
Check-in at the transfer hall to your connecting flight (applicable only for International transfers).
Free flight move if first flight is delayed.
Bags are tagged through to your final destination.
Our Fly-Thru services covers both domestic and international connections.
If you’re interested and want to know more about this service read more here.
Aside from Air Asia’s Fly-Thru service, I have something else to share to help you more in terms of flights just so you’ll have an idea on how it’s like to fly with Air Asia. Let’s start from scratch:
First thing to do is to book your flight and the easiest way to do it in this modern era, is online. Download Air Asia App if you’re looking for affordable flights. I always book most of my flights using my Air Asia App, it’s really easy and convenient to use. (Download on App Store / Google Play Store)
If you have the App already, good for you! Now I’ll be introducing you to Air Asia BIG LOYALTY. If you’ve been booking flights through Air Asia previously, I suggest you sign up for a membership because by just flying with Air Asia you get points, and with these big points you earn, you can redeem trips to over 120 Air Asia destinations. EASY AS THAT. For some of you who just learned about this just now, it’s never too late to start NOW.
So why am I talking about Air Asia Big Loyalty? That’s because I was able to experience redeeming a trip for the first time and guess what country? Obviously, Maldives! (LOL)
The Air Asia Big Loyalty has a different app which you can download on both App Store and Google Play Store. You can also know more about it here.
I booked a flight ticket from KL to Male, Male to KL for a total of 79,600 pts including my extra baggage.
So here’s how to earn BIG Points easily as per Air Asia:
From long, exciting adventures to the simplest daily necessities, there are many ways to easily earn BIG Points. It’s that easy, so start accumulating points today!
- FLY AIRASIA: Your membership status allows you to earn BIG points more quickly whenever you fly with AirAsia. The higher your status, the faster and better your earnings.
- AFFILIATE CREDIT CARDS: Earn BIG Points conveniently whenever you pay with our affiliate credit cards.
- BIG PREPAID MASTERCARD: Travel with our prepaid card to enjoy the safety and convenience of carrying your cash in a card, without additional hidden charges. For every RM2 spent overseas on your BIG Prepaid MasterCard, you’ll earn 1 BIG Point! (Applicable for Malaysia only)
- TRAVEL: Earn BIG Points when you book a hotel, rent a car, visit attractions, or partake in leisure activities with our travel partners on your next trip.
- LIFESTYLE: Turn daily routines into adventures with our Lifestyle partners and earn BIG Points from everyday spending.
- POINTS CONVERSION: Convert your bank and other loyalty points to BIG Points for flights and exclusive rewards.
- BIG LOYALTY ACTIVITIES: Who says you can’t have fun and earn points? Visit us at our on-ground events and travel fairs. Play games, join our contests, surveys, and much more. It’s that simple!
- BUY BIG POINTS: Impatient to grow your BIG Points balance? Purchase them during limited-time only campaigns with partners such as Samsung Pay and MyDigi at incredible prices and redeem flights and rewards!
- ALWAYS EARN (COMING SOON): Indulge in retail therapy with BIG Loyalty, your new, favorite one-stop shopping experience. Buy whatever you like and earn BIG Points, be it everyday necessities, electronic gadgets, home appliances, or fashionable must-haves!
Now let’s talk about how to redeem rewards:
You’v earned it. Now turn your BIG Points into your next adventure. Your points enable you to take your travel and lifestyle choices further.
- Final Call Sale: Redeem a one-way flight from as low as 500 BIG Points! Final Call Sale is 90% off market rates and takes places on the first Monday of every month.
- Final Call X Sale: Go to the X-tra mile with savings of up to 80% by redeeming AirAsia X flight deals. Final Call X Sale happens on the third week of every month.
- Redeem Promo Flights Every Day: BIG Fixed Points lets you redeem flights at up to 70% discount based on your flight’s travel time. It offers you great value and the convenience of planning your trips in advance.
- Hotels: Whether it’s a beach retreat or a city stay, members get to choose the accommodation they want to make their next trip so much more rewarding.
- Travel Attractions and Activities: Take your trip to the next level with an exciting travel itinerary packed with handpicked activities, attractions, and things to do over 120 destinations.
- Lifestyle: Express yourself with fashionable and trendy must-haves of the season and other chic Lifestyle offerings from over 238 partners.
- Points + Cash Redemption: Need more BIG Points to make that next trip happen? No problem. Just top up with cash to boost your points balance to travel!
- BIG Loyalty Mobile App: The BIG Loyalty mobile app is the easier, faster, and better way to experience your BIG Membership. *Get your very own digital BIG Membership card. *Be the first to be notified of exclusive flight deals and partner promos. *Search and redeem flights on the best travel dates. *Check your BIG Points balance and BIG Member details instantly.
With Air Asia’s services you won’t be having a hard time booking flights!